Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mold Me.


I wanted to share this on my Mommy blog because it happens to be the meditation from my daily calendar devotional that sits on my kitchen counter... for May 13th, 2012 - Mothers Day. And I found it so fitting for me and my journey with the Lord right now.




It's been on my heart heavily the last few months to focus on trying to discover and implement daily what it means to be the mother God wants me to be and that my kids need me to be.



It's been an oh so difficult and inconsistent path so far... I actually didn't think it was going to be this challenging to change what I know I need to. But I know the Lord is still working in me. His work is a work in progress and right now it seems to be going at a painstakingly slow pace, but he's teaching me to wait on Him and trust Him and His infinite power to work in me exceedingly abundantly above all that I could ask or think...



He's encouraging and reminding me again of what I have asked of Him over and over since the beginning of last year - to use me for His glory and make me into the woman He's called me to be.

And so, I've been reminded to trust Him; I'm reminded of who He is... my Potter, my Master... This reflection is what He so deeply planted in my heart last year and now I'm weathering the storms and trying to learn how to grow into the fruit bearing vessel He wants me to be: the vessel that I want to be so He can use me for His glory... especially in my primary ministry right now, which is in my home and especially with my family; in order to present Him with godly offspring and to be fruitful and multiply - not just numerically through physical reproduction, but by passing on my faith and guiding my children in theirs so that they can be further used for the glory of the only one, true God.



God is good. He speaks to our hearts right when we need Him to... we just have to be disciplined and obedient enough to listen, heed His instruction and trust Him to bring to pass His divine and perfect will.



Happy Mothers Day to all the Mommies out there! "The Lord bless you and keep you..." and may you always trust in God's power to make you into the woman He's called you to be!

No comments: